- Income taxes filed. Some tidying was required in order to find all the necessary paperwork. I know it’s ages before the deadline, but Catherine needs it early for her US taxes.
- Noticed the last two water bills were double what they should have been. A $3 flapper valve for the loo should sort that. You’d never get that with a British syphon flush …
- One of the neighbours just got a Linksys wireless router (with no encryption and default passwords, no less), so I had to rename and rechannel ours. Most hassle was getting the WET54G wireless bridge to talk to the new location. It didn’t help that it had the oldest version of the firmware in the world, plus it kept trying to rejoin the neighbours’ network.
- Braved IKEA. I now have a basement server/printer rack fashioned from multiple Rast bedside tables screwed together.
- Opened up the outside tap, now that the threat of -20Â°C weather is gone for the year.
- Paid many, many bills, some of which were routed from their mulching sleep while I wasÂ looking for tax paperwork.
- Joined worthy societies like FOE and Greenpeace.
- Saw Sharkwater. You should, too.
- My new Interac card is less than interactive. I’m sure I managed to get it to work once, but now it’s gone dead. This means a trip to the Honkers & Shankers on Spadina, always a joy …
We found this praying mantis at the back of the office. Paul picked it up, but it flew off. It didn’t seem to mind having its picture taken.
This (my second) mantis sighting was much more interactive than my first.