Update April 2007: I’ve created a Google My Maps page for these locations: Wind Turbines from Space.
Messing about with Google Maps, I went looking for wind turbines. And yup, you can see ‘em:
- Pickering, Ontario: Vestas V80, by Pickering Nuclear Power Station. You can see this quite clearly.
- Toronto, Ontario: maybe I’m imagining I can see the WindShare turbine.
Update, 3rd May: following my posting to awea-windnet, I got three more:
Thanks to David Wright for the California location, and Joe Duddy of RES (my old employer!) for the two from England. I’ve spent quite a bit of time on the latter two windfarms.
Update, 6 May: Found a couple more windfarms from space on googleglobetrotting.com:
- near Livermore, California.
- east of Tehachapi, California — dig the arrangement of blades in the boneyard.
Update, 20 June: Google now has worldwide coverage.
- Tarifa, Spain
- Middelgrunden, København, Denmark (offshore)
- somewhere else in Denmark — these are big turbines.
Update, 29 June: