TTC Subway: Pape to Chester, 4pm (MP3).
A man was reading the Autos section of the Toronto Star in a testy manner.
Recorded on iRiver H120 + cheapo iRiver mic, and Rockbox firmware.
It’s getting towards the end of the year, so I’m thinking about what albums I enjoyed most. These are the 2005 albums I have in my collection:
- A Hawk And A Hacksaw — Darkness At Noon
- Aimee Mann — The Forgotten Arm
- Animal Collective — Feels
- Beck — Guero
- Bettye Lavette — I’ve Got My Own Hell To Raise
- Bright Eyes — Digital Ash In a Digital Urn
- Bright Eyes — I’m Wide Awake, It’s Morning
- Calexico / Iron & Wine — In the Reins
- Caribou — Marino Audio
- Dan Jones — Get Sounds Now
- The Decemberists — Picaresque
- Deerhoof — The Runners Four
- Devendra Banhart — Cripple Crow
- Dressy Bessy — Electrified
- The Duhks — The Duhks
- Eels — Blinking Lights And Other Revelations
- Fiona Apple — Extraordinary Machine
- Gorillaz — Demon Days
- Grandaddy — Excerpts From The Diary Of Todd Zilla
- Jennifer Gentle — Valende
- John Parish — Once Upon a Little Time
- Kate Bush — Aerial
- Kate Rusby — The Girl Who Couldn’t Fly
- Kimberley Rew — Essex Hideaway
- Lazerlove5 — Flicker Mask
- Lemon Jelly — ‘64–‘95
- The Lollipop People — We Need a New F-Word
- Malcolm Middleton — Into The Woods
- Marbles — Expo
- The Mountain Goats — The Sunset Tree
- My Morning Jacket — Z
- Of Montreal — The Sunlandic Twins
- Sigur RÃ³s — Takk …
- Sleater-Kinney — The Woods
- Sufjan Stevens — Illinois
- The Vanity Project
- Wolf Parade — Apologies to the Queen Mary
I know there are some that won’t make my list (Aerial, for one) but the rest of them all have their moments.
I’ve archived an MP3 copy of Arnold Brown’s Radio 4 programme here: Ivor Cutler: Glasgow Dreamer. It’s a good introduction to Ivor Cutler’s work, and it’s a bit more accessible than the RealAudio format I had to convert it from.
My folks have been visiting for the last couple of weeks (we’re just about to leave for the airport), and Dad asked for some links we discussed. The following will probably make little or no sense to other readers:
Dang, but did my Of Montreal recording from last night come out clipped. I blame it on:
- naÃ¯ve user
- no level meters on the iRiver H120
- no ability to change the recording level in mid record with the iRiver H120
- my oldish Sony ECM-909’s odd habits
What I really need is a Reactive Sounds Boost Box; pricey, but nice. I wonder if Church Audio can do me anything cheaper?
But anyway, for now, here’s The Lollipop People‘s Fort Jesus [MP3].