Entirely #smol retrogaming rig
Instagram filter used: Lo-fi
View in Instagram ⇒
Yes, it’s a very tiny microcontroller board and breadboard doohickey. The board’s a Trinket M0 running CircuitPython 2.0. The base is laser-cut birch ply. Definitely #smol at less than 75 × 55 mm …
Here’s the SVG for laser cutting:
To build it, you’ll need:
- 3 mm birch ply (at least 75 mm × 55 mm)
- Adafruit Trinket M0
- Tiny breadboard: either a tiny or a Mini one. The board markings match either.
- M2.5 screws and standoffs
- 4× stick-on feet
- 2× 1×5 female header — I cut down a 1×12 female header.
If I were to redesign this, I’d:
- make the breadboard outline a score line rather than an etched area. Scoring is much quicker than etching.
- Mark pin definitions on the plate. They’re a bit hard to read on the Trinket M0.
Obligatory blinky code for running a 16 LED NeoPixel Ring and the LED in the middle of the Trinket:
This little one was napping in the sun on the bike path.