I finally got around to transferring the first of the Robyn Hitchcock shows I recorded back in 2001 in Edinburgh: Robyn Hitchcock Live at The Assembly Rooms on 2001-08-03 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive.
There are three more. Two of them (plus the one I just uploaded) have dropouts from dodgy Maxell MD media.
I did transfer these back in 2001, and distribute them on CD to several people. Audacity and a solid-state recorder makes this a lot easier. My old workflow was:
- Save the recording to wav through the sound card and GramoFile.
- Burn the recording to CD-R (yay, 2x CD writers …)
- Delete the wav file (I don’t think I had space to keep multiple copies)
- Listen to the CD, noting track end times in a text file
- Rip the CD with CDDA Paranoia, using the notes as a cue sheet
- Burn the final CDs.