I thought I might’ve had a couple of books waiting for me at the library yesterday, but all of these holds were waiting for me:
- Banvard’s folly : thirteen tales of renowned obscurity, famous anonymity, and rotten luck / by Collins, Paul
- Been brown so long it looked like green to me : the politics of nature / by St. Clair, Jeffrey.
- Hey Rube : blood sport, the Bush doctrine, and the downward spiral of dumbness : modern history from the sports desk / by Thompson, Hunter S.
- Mutants: on genetic variety and the human body / by Leroi, Armand Marie.
- The pencil : a history of design and circumstance / by Petroski, Henry.
Looks like I’ve got a lot of reading to do in the next three weeks …