Ever since Mozilla Mail Went Nuts, I haven’t had a Local Folders account to store general and unsent messages. It seems that Mozilla got all its mail server IDs in a fankle, and needed some help to find its way again. Here’s how I fixed it:
- Enter Mozilla’s configuration editor from the URL about:config
- Find the highest mail.server.serverN entry. For me, this was mail.server.server4, so I chose server5 for my Local Folders. Yours may be different.
- Work out where your local folders are. It would be in a directory like
/home/user/.mozilla/default/hfwi7xsc.slt/Mail/Local Folders. Yours will be different.
- Create the following values (right click, select New, then String):
- mail.server.server5.directory set to /home/user/.mozilla/default/hfwi7xsc.slt/Mail/Local Folders
- mail.server.server5.hostname set to Local Folders
- mail.server.server5.name set to Local Folders
- mail.accountmanager.localfoldersserver set to server5
- Exit and restart Mozilla.
When you next open up Mail, you’ll find your Local Folders are back.